To develop a premier visitor destination that will encourage visitors to spend more, stay longer and return.
- 1.36 million overnight trips were made to Scarborough
- 8.35 million trips were undertaken (2018 data)
- £735.8 million was spent in the local area as a result of tourism
- 41.6% of the population employed as a result
- 97% of trips were from domestic visitors (2018 data)
- 6.98 million tourism day trips were made in 2018, an increase of 8% compared to 2017
- 1,998 vessels visited our harbours during 2018/2019