A borough where people are healthy, active and happy doing what they enjoy. For people to have a good work/life balance and improved health and wellbeing. To enjoy our parks and open spaces.
- Life expectancy for males is 78.8; lower than the national average of 79.6
- Life expectancy for females is 82.8; lower than the national average of 83.1
- 71.3% of adults are physically active
- Hospital admission rate for alcohol-related conditions for the borough is 720.6 per 100,000 population
- 60% of adults are classified as overweight or obese
- 20.1% of children aged 10-11 years are classified as obese
- 21.7% of excess winter i.e deaths that are directly related to the cold weather