We will be hosting three open conversation events as part of the comprehensive and widespread public consultation on our new Corporate Plan for Building a Better Borough.
The events, which are part of our ‘Your Borough, Your Say’ consultation, will be held on Monday 17 February, 2pm to 4pm at the Evron Centre, Filey, on Tuesday 18 February, 2pm to 4pm at The Street, Scarborough and on Wednesday 19 February, 2pm to 4pm at the Coliseum Centre, Whitby.
The focus group style events will give people the opportunity to have open conversations about how Building a Better Borough can be achieved and let us know about the things that matter the most to them. Feedback from the events will be added to the results of the current ‘Your Borough, Your Say’ survey to help to identify key priorities for the borough, which will set and guide the work of the council and its partners to shape a better future for the borough’s communities.
10 places are available at each of the events on a first-come, first-served basis. To secure a place…
Contact us via
Our communities team is also arranging similar conversation events directly with established community groups throughout the borough. In addition, we also plan to host roadshow style events in some of the borough’s high footfall locations. People will be able to drop by to have a short informal chat about Building a Better Borough with our representatives without having to pre-register. Details of venues and dates will be announced soon.
Cllr Steve Siddons, Leader of Scarborough Borough Council said:
“People like to give feedback in different ways so we’re hosting these open conversations for those that prefer to meet face to face and share their ideas in a small informal setting. The events are an important part of the Building a Better Borough consultation and are a good way of getting into the heart of our communities to ensure as many people as possible can have their say in what they think our borough should look like in the future and how we can all work together to develop and achieve that vision.”
The ‘Your Borough, Your Say’ survey is running up until 30 April and can be completed online via our new Building a Better Borough website. Paper copies of the survey are available to pick up from the following locations:
• Customer First Centre, Town Hall, St Nicholas Street, Scarborough, YO11 2HG
• Falsgrave Community Resource Centre, Seamer Road, Scarborough, YO12 4DJ
• The Street, 12 Lower Clark Street, Scarborough, YO12 7PW
• Scarborough Library, Vernon Road, Scarborough, YO11 2NN
• Filey Town Council, 52 Queen Street, Filey, YO14 9HE
• Evron Centre, 58 John Street, Filey, YO14 9DQ
• Filey Library, Station Avenue, Filey, YO14 9AE
• Whitby Library, Windsor Terrace, Whitby, YO21 1ET
• Whitby Town Council, Pannett Park, Whitby, YO21 1RE
• Whitby Tourist Information Centre, Langborne Road, Whitby, YO21 1DN