A thriving community participating in their local area, feeling engaged and part of the conversation.
- 20.5% of households are in poverty compared to 21.4% nationally (2013/14 data)
- 71.1% of responses provide formal volunteering at least once a month (2018 volunteering survey)
- 26.9% of people aged 65 and over compared to the national average of 18.2%
- 58% of responses provide informal volunteering at least once a month (2018 volunteering survey)
- 92.1% of the borough’s election age population is on the electoral roll compared to 91.2% nationally (2018/19 data)